Monday, April 9, 2007

Today during eliminate, we talked with Vinnie Vrotny and during his lecture Annie Gentithes typed that in her class her students " work in pairs, and we do our best to pair weaker students with strong ones, or visual with non-visual. " I thought that this is a cool and different concept to what I grew up with, blending the students and having the students work off of each other and learn from each other. When I was in school, children were separated by ability but now, in my practicum and discussion with other teachers, I find that there is now a more mixture of abilities and personalities in the class and Annie's comment emphasized this change of philosophy working in classrooms. I believe that when i teach, I will approach my students in this way as well. Instead of isolating them and having them achieve by their own ability, they can help and learn from each others similarities and differences.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great observation. You might want to give Vinnie some blog love by linking to his blog within yours where you mention his name. You can find his blog address on the wiki.